REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS - LEGAL SERVICES
The New Albany Housing Authority (NAHA) seeks proposals from qualified law firms, partnerships, or legal practitioners to serve as general counsel to the agency, NAHA Board of Commissioners, and staff. The scope of services shall include, but is not limited to the following:
- Provide General Counsel and guidance to the NAHA Board of Commissioners and Executive Director
- Be available to attend regular and special meetings of the New Albany Housing Authority as required and provide legal guidance, as well as, represent NAHA’s legal opinion.
- Bring summary process actions in court and to otherwise represent NAHA’s interest in nonpayment and termination of leases.
- Review contracts (i.e. contracts for services, including professional services contracts, construction contracts, non-dwelling occupancy leases or special purpose agreements, etc.)
- To act as attorney for the housing authority in all matters for which NAHA may request legal counsel.
- Perform other legal tasks at the request of the Executive Director.
The Request for Proposals will be issued on September 6, 2017. Proposals are due by 2:00 PM, local time, on September 29, 2017 in New Albany, Indiana.
For further information contact:
New Albany Housing Authority
Dave Duggins, Interim Executive Director
P.O. Box 11
New Albany, IN 47151
Telephone: (812) 206-2033