NAHA Re-Opening Update
Date: June 25, 2020
Dear NAHA Resident:
The New Albany Housing Authority (NAHA) will be opening its doors to the public on Wednesday, July 1, 2020 with the precautions noted below. We appreciate your patience these last few months as we worked and prepared for a safe transition back to providing face-to-face services. We are committed to doing everything we can to ensure the health and well-being of our residents and staff.
300 Erni, Beechwood, Parkview Tower and Riverside Offices
- Open to the residents and visitors beginning Wednesday, July 1, 2020
- Residents are asked to continue conducting business with staff by phone and email whenever possible.
- Limited number of people allowed in the lobbies (Limits will be posted on the door)
- All persons will be required to wear masks which will be provided upon entering.
- All surfaces such as clipboards, chairs and tables will be disinfected regularly. You will be given a new pen to use for completing paperwork.
- Hand sanitizer stations have been added to all offices.
- Open to the residents beginning Wednesday, July 1, 2020
- Only two people at a time allowed in building
- Maintenance will be handling all calls and work orders as normal
- FSS offices will remain closed throughout July and possibly part of August while undergoing renovations
- Staff will continue to be available via phone and email
- All non-essential meetings and FSS events and programs will remain on hold until further notice.
- Community Rooms at all high rises have been re-opened. Residents are asked to practice social distancing.
- Parks & Rec schedule is as follows:
- Griffin Rec Center 11:00 am – 3:45 pm, Monday - Wednesday
- Parkview Rec Center 11:00 am – 3:45 pm, Monday - Wednesday
- Beechwood Rec Center 11:00 am – 3:45 pm, Monday - Wednesday
- Riverside Rec Center 11:00 am – 3:45 pm, Monday, Tuesday & Thursday
- Lunches for kids will be distributed to take home on Mondays & Thursdays from 11:00am – 12:00 noon. Snacks will be served each day.
- Employees will be required to wear masks.
- NAHA is now cleaning common areas of buildings at least daily, sanitizing door handles, railings, bathrooms, elevator buttons and other frequently touched surfaces.
- All offices, rec centers/gyms and common areas will disinfected weekly utilizing a professional fogging system.
- NAHA has provided instructions to staff on additional personal sanitation practices and has instructed all staff who are ill, or have an ill family member, not to come to work until they are symptom-free.
NAHA will open the wait list on July 1, 2020. Applications will be available at our offices and at www.newalbanyhousingauthority.org. Completed applications will be accepted Monday – Thursday, 8:30 – 11:00 AM.
Remember: Whenever possible, please call or email your property manager or call our main office at 812-948-2319 instead of coming in to the office.
The spread of COVID-19 is a public health issue. To stay informed or ask questions, you should contact: Floyd County Indiana Health Department
Please know that these procedures are subject to change, and we will continue to keep you informed of any additional changes we may make to protect our residents and staff.
David C. Duggins, Jr.